Best Ways to Remove the Category From WordPress URL
If you looking for the best way to remove the category from the WordPress URL? Then you are in the right place. WordPress providing default category prefix before each category which we created. If you like to change the URL? (E.g. https://softaox.info/category/wordpress/ to https://softaox.info/wordpress/) then here we have various ways to remove the prefix. In the below method which is suitable for your website, you can proceed with that.
1. Remove the Category Prefix From the WordPress URL Using Permalinks Option
Once the best & simple way to remove the category prefix by using the permalinks option. Through the WordPress dashboard in Settings -> Permalinks, you can do small changes to remove the category prefix from the website URL.
1. Go to Settings -> Permalinks and select Custom Structure and enter /%category%/%postname%/
2. Next set your Category base with .(dot)
3. Save Changes.
2. Using Yoast Remove Category Prefix From the WordPress URL
If you already using Yoast SEO plugin means we don’t need to use any plugins to remove the category prefix. Because the Yoast plugin one of the simplest option to remove the category prefix. You need to do the following steps to hide the category from the WordPress URL.
1. Click on Yoast -> Search Appearance.
2. Now click the Taxonomies option.
3. You can see the Category URLs in that default is Keep, Now change it into Remove the categories prefix and Save changes.
3. An Alternative Way to Remove Category Prefix URL Through .htaccess
Using .htaccess it is easy to rewrite the URL structure through that we going to remove the category prefix from the website URL.
Note: You need to replace www.yoursite.com to your website URL.
RewriteRule ^category/(.+)$ https://www.yoursite.com/$1 [R=301,L]
4. Remove the Category Prefix URL Using Plugin
If you feel all the above methods are complex to you then use the plugin and remove the category prefix URL for your website.
1. Install the Remove Category URL plugin.
2. Once you activated the plugin then you don’t need to do anything, now you can see the category prefix URL removed from your website.
I hope anyone of this method will help you to remove the category prefix from your WordPress website. I recommend you use without any plugins that help to main the website performance in high. If you have any feedback, drop it in the comment section. If you loved this article share it with your friends.
Creative Designer & Developer specialist by the spirit and a loving blogger by thoughts. If you have any questions let me drop an email with the article name to the following email id: [email protected]